"An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest." Benjamin Franklin
Two decades ago, I realized I wanted to take an idea and watch it grow into something meaningful. As time progressed, my focus shifted to making the opportunity self-sustaining. Getting the business to a point where it no longer needed me has allowed me to peruse my passion for teaching. My goal is to find a College or University devoted to the enrichment of people from all walks of life; a place where I would be encouraged to foster growth and a creative spirit in others.
- Experienced in course development, with specific expertise in Entrepreneurship and Intl Business.
- Well versed in working effectively with a diverse group of personalities and ESL abilities.
- Proficient in a wide range of platforms for online business and education.
- Acquired successful grant writing skills as founding Chairperson of Our Community Food Pantry.
Education and Certifications
Masters of Business Administration (Concentration in International Business Law)
- The Center for Management Studies, University of Exeter
- Exeter, Devon, UK 1994
Certificate of Completion in Government Contract Law
- National Law Center, George Washington University
- Washington, DC USA 1991
Bachelor of Arts, International Studies
- Trinity College
- Washington, DC 1990
High School Diploma
- Wilbraham & Monson Academy
- Wilbraham, MA 1986
- Development of products based on international recipes, using local ingredients.
- Overseeing social media strategy to promote our expertise, personality and esthetic.
- Working with marketing team to develop new web based marketing strategies, including sites and stores.
- Branding products and packaging to suit custom projects.
- Creating a global presence for our American made goods.
International Faculty - Rochester Institute of Technology, Saunders College of Business - BJTU, China 2015 - Present
- Established a web centric platform to expand lecture content and assimilate Chinese students to a more progressive method of education.
- Developed courses in Global Business Environment, entrepreneurship, strategy and innovation.
- Established a rubric for quickly graded assignments and delivering detailed feedback to students.
- Ensured the highest possible levels of achievement while teaching students to their strongest potential.
- Developed extension activities to help expand students’ knowledge of concepts and skills.
- Advisor to freshman class in Student Innovation Initiative.
Visiting Instructor – Westfield State University, Westfield, MA ▪ 2010-Present
- International Business
- Consumer Behavior
- Introduction to Commercial Recreation and Tourism
- Utilizing class lectures and Blackboard learning platforms to explore the relevant curriculum
International Faculty – Clark University, COPACE/China Branch – Jinan ▪ 2013 - 2014
- Developed and taught courses in Business Negotiations, Cross-Cultural Management, International Commercial Law, Financial Management, Organizational Behavior and International Marketing
- Established a web centric platform to expand lecture content and assimilate Chinese students to a more progressive method of education
Visiting Lecturer – Jimei University, Keuka China Program, Xiamen, China ▪ 2012
- Developed and taught a course in Small Business Management
- Utilized class lectures and experiential learning platforms to explore the relevant curriculum.
Freelance Writer – Various Publications – 1998 to Present
- Writing Specializes in specialty food, small business and marketing.
- Working on getting “Know your farmer, know your food” series into syndication
- Selected Clips; found at julie-t-cecchini.com
Activities and Affiliations
- Valley Venture Mentors - Mentor
- ASI - Advertising Specialty Institute
- Massachusetts Specialty Food Association
- University of Exeter, Alumnae Association
- Junior Achievement – Involved in teaching classes on personal economics to inner city students
- Our Community Food Pantry and Westfield Food Pantry, Volunteer Fundraiser, former Board Member
- Tufts University
- 89 Curtis Street
- Somerville, MA 02144
- Tel: 1-781-632-1855
Dr Wendy Gaylord
Dean, Keuka China Program
- Keuka College
- 141 Central Avenue
- Keuka Park, NY 14478
- Tel: 1-315-279-5131
Director, Center for Instructional Technology
- Westfield State University
- 577 Western Avenue
- Westfield, MA 01086-1630
- Tel: 1-413-572-8142
Retired, Head of Global Strategy for Lego
- 14 Chatfield Terrace
- Enfield, CT 06082
- Tel: 1-413-749-2525